Welcome to MSense Lab!
We are an international and interdisciplinary team of young researchers that are curious about multisensory perception. The lab is located in LMU Munich, Munich, Germany, and headed by Dr. Zhuanghua Shi, and Prof. Hermann J. Müller. We focus on multisensory perception and attention, computational modelling, as well as applications to human-machine interface. In particular, we are interested in how multisensory temporal integration, and how contexts impacts our perception and daily performance.
- Shi, Z., Zang, X., & Geyer, T. (2016) What fixations reveal about oculomotor scanning behaviour in visual search, Behavioural and Brain Sciences,(commentary accepted.)
- Shi, Z., & Burr, D. (2016). Predictive coding of multisensory timing, Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cobeha.2016.02.014
- Rank, M., Shi, Z., Müller, H. J., & Hirche, S. (2016). Predictive Communication Quality Control in Haptic Teleoperation with Time Delay and Packet Loss. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, doi: 10.1109/THMS.2016.2519608.
- Jia, L., Shi, Z., Zang, X., & Müller, H. J. (2015). Watching a real moving object expands tactile duration: The role of task-irrelevant action context for subjective time. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. doi:10.3758/s13414-015-0975-5
- Jia, L., Shi, Z., & Feng, W. (2015). Wearing weighted backpack dilates subjective visual duration : the role of functional linkage between weight experience and visual timing. Front Psychol, 6(September), Article 1373. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01373
- Assumpção, L., Shi, Z., Zang, X., Müller, H. J., & Geyer, T. (2015). Contextual cueing: implicit memory of tactile context facilitates tactile search. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. doi:10.3758/s13414-015-0848-y
- Zang, X., Jia, L., Müller, H. J., Shi, Z. (2014), Invariant spatial context is learned but not retrieved in gaze-contingent tunnel-view search, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition.
- Shi, Z., Church, R. M., Meck, W. H. (2013), Bayesian optimization of time perception, Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 17(11), 556-564. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tics.2013.09.009.
- Jian, L., Shi, Z., Zang, X., Müller, H. J. (2013), Concurrent emotional pictures modulate spatial-separated audiotactile temporal order judgments, Brain Research, doi:10.1016/j.brainres.2013.09.008.
- Shi, Z., Ganzenmüller, S., Müller, H. J. (2013), Reducing bias in auditory duration reproduction by integrating the reproduced signal, PLoS ONE 8(4): e62065.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0062065 [PDF]
- Shi, Z., Zang, X., Jian, L., Geyer, T., and Müller, H. J. (2013). Transfer of contextual cueing in full-icon display remapping. Journal of Vision, 13, 3, article 2. [PDF]